NEXIQ Blue-Link™ ELD-16
NEXIQ Blue-Link™ ELD-16EESM607
The NEXIQ Blue-Link™ ELD-16 is an 16-pin electronic data logging device (ELD).
OBD CAN (ISO15765) Protocol
Calculated Engine Hours If No ECM Support
Support Common to the ELD-16 and the ELD-9
Seamless Background OTA Firmware Updates
Secure Communications and Firmware Updates:
– Limited access to BLE bondable mode via physical pushbutton on device with built-in timeout.
– All communications between mobile client and device employ standard BLE encryption.
– Authentication required between mobile client and device to enable datalink communications, and to enable OTA device firmware update.
– Encrypted firmware update file.
– Running firmware locked and encrypted to prevent data extraction.
Automatic Vehicle Link Detection for ELD Data of Interest (Engine Controller):
– CAN auto-baud detection
Calculated Odometer Support If No ECM Support
Fully-Documented Driver/Device API for Developing Mobile Apps To Communicate with the ELD
Support During Active Bluetooth Application Connection
Device Notification of Powered-On Date and Time
Log Record Parameter Support with Selectable Raw Data or Pre-Scaled Format, with the following information:
– GPS position and UTC time data
– Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
– Engine serial number
– Engine hours
– Vehicle speed
Log Records Notifications Automatically Occur at 15-Minute Intervals
Updated Log Record Can Also Be Requested Immediately by Mobile Client
Automatic Notification of Each Ignition Key State Change:
– Key Off
– Key On - Engine Off
– Key On - Engine Running
Automatic Notification Of Each Vehicle Motion State Change:
– In-motion event = vehicle exceeds 5mph after being considered motionless
– Motionless = vehicle motionless for more than 3 seconds after being considered in-motion
Automatic Data Capture Timeout Notifications:
– Device checks for more than 5 seconds without one or more required core parameters being received from expected source (ECM or calculated), and sends notification to client application on each occurrence.
– – Odometer
– – Engine hours
– – Engine speed
– – Vehicle speed
Configurable Distance Traveled Notifications:
– Device sends periodic odometer notifications to mobile client for specified distance traveled. Default trigger is 5 miles, configurable via API call.
Configurable Hard Driving Detection and Notifications:
– User-configurable mph/s threshold for device detecting hard acceleration/deceleration events and sending notifications back to mobile client
Support During Vehicle Activity with No Bluetooth Application Connection (Unidentified Driver State)
Log Record on-device archiving, with flag indication of reason for each capture.
On subsequent mobile application connection, archived log records can then be retrieved via the following defined API commands:
– 15-minute periodic capture when engine running
– Ignition-on (engine running) / Ignition-off events
– Driving / Not Driving Events:
– – Driving = 5mph or greater detected
– – Not Driving = motionless for more than 5 minutes after "Driving" event detected
Initial Data Capture Timeout event, i.e., first time any of 4 core parameters not received within 5-second timeout is detected.
Data Capture Recovery event, i.e., all four core parameters received within 5-second window after initial Data Capture Timeout event has been previously captured.